Sometimes I have this insatiable thirst for knowledge. I want to have all of the facts so I can make informed decisions. I realize this is impossible – and God continuously reminds me of my limitations and encourages me to trust in Him instead…
It is bad when I begin to thrust my life into knowing everything – but seems permissible to grow and learn – as long as I don’t make it my ends. To that end, I’m creating a list of some books which help provide an overview of a variety of topics….feel free to make your own recommendations to the list, I’m always looking for good books.
- Gonzalez, Justo. The Story of Christianity.
- Hunt, Morton. The Story of Psychology.
- Gribbon, John and Adam Hook. The Scientists: A History of Science Told Through the Lives of Its Greatest Inventors.
- Kenny, Anthony. A New History of Western Philosophy.
- Magee, Bryan and Jonathan Metcalf. Story of Philosophy.
- Bryson, Bill. A Short History of Nearly Everything.